A few cybersecurity facts ever business owner should know
Here are some statistics about Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SMBs) that were highlighted in the recent reports from Verizon’s 2019 Data Breach Investigations Report, the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), and the Ponemon Institute 2018 Cybersecurity Report.
- 54% of SMBs believe their companies are “too small” to be ransomware targets – studies show the opposite it true, they are the target
- Small businesses have become among the primary targets for hackers – cyber attacks were up 424% in 2018 and rising in 2019
- Two-thirds of SMBs have suffered a cyber attack in the past 12 months
- On average it takes most companies 197 days to recognize and 69 days to contain a breach.
- 3 out of 4 SMBs say they don’t have enough personnel to address IT security
- 83% of SMBs lack the funds to deal with the repercussions of a cyber attack resulting in most going out of business
- 92.4% of malware is delivered via email
- 4 out of 5 SMBs report malware has evaded their antivirus
- 68% of small businesses don’t have disaster recovery in mind
If any of this causes you concern, please contact us now to find out how we can help you reduce your risk so you can securely grow your business.